Easy, fast and sophisticated — you can make the stroganoff in advance and add the cream at the end, so all you have to do is cook the rice.
750g mushrooms, sliced
3 medium onions, sliced
300-400ml vegetable stock
3 tsps paprika
2 tbsps soy sauce
3 tbsps brandy
3 tbsps soy cream
2 cloves garlic, chopped
4-5 tbsps olive oil
salt and black pepper
chopped parsley, or thyme
- Heat the olive oil on medium, in a wide frying pan. Add the onion and garlic, and cook until translucent and beginning to turn golden.
- Add the mushrooms, then add the paprika and stir it through the veg.
- Stir in the veg stock, and simmer till it’s reduced by half. Add the brandy and soy sauce and simmer for a couple more minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the soya cream, stirring through, and salt and pepper to taste. If the sauce isn’t thick enough, add a teaspoon of cornflour mixed into cold water, and stir until it thickens to your liking.
- Add a sprinkle of chopped parsley or thyme leaves, to serve.