Half a head of cauliflower, broken into florets
50g plain flour
½ tsp paprika
1 tsp garlic powder/ 1 clove garlic, chopped
1 tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
90 ml plant milk
30 ml hot sauce (eg Sriracha)
1 tbsp veg oil (olive or rapeseed)
½ tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 220° or 200° fan. Line a big baking tray with baking paper.
- Measure the flour, paprika, garlic, salt and pepper into a bowl. Slowly add the plant milk, stirring as you go, till you have a thick, lump-free batter. If it’s too stiff, add another splash.
- Wiggle the florets around in the batter till fully covered, but not dripping, and place them apart on the tray. Bake for 10 mins, then turn and bake for another ten.
- Take a little bowl, and mix together the hot sauce, oil and maple syrup. Take the bites from the oven, and brush them with the mix, then bake for another 10 mins, or until crispy (check on them regularly in case the sugar burns).
- Serve right away, with plant-based yoghurt for dipping.