1 sheet of vegan puff pastry, eg Jus-rol
100g brown sugar plus extra for sprinkling
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tbsp vegan butter, melted
50ml almond milk
50g icing sugar
1 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 180°c/350°f/gas 4 and grease a large baking tray.
- Roll out pastry to about ½cm thickness and square off edges.
- Squash any lumps from the brown sugar and mix the cinnamon through. Brush pastry sheet with melted vegan butter. Sprinkle sugar and cinnamon over it.
- Roll up into a cylinder. Cut into 1.5-2cm sections with a sharp knife.
- Lay the rolls/whirls on baking tray, brush with almond milk, and sprinkle with sugar. Bake for around 30 minutes or until crisp.
- Allow to cool, then sieve icing sugar into a bowl and add lemon juice until you have a thick but pour-able paste. Use a teaspoon to drizzle over the pastries. Serve warm or cold.