This is a filling lunch in a hurry. Again, use any vegetables you have lying about.
1 tsbp vegetable oil
½ an onion, thinly sliced
½ courgette, sliced
½ red pepper, thinly sliced
1 small pak choi, sliced
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1cm piece ginger, finely chopped
1 sachet miso paste
1 bundle udon noodles
½ sheet seaweed, torn into small pieces
1 tsp soy sauce
a few red chilli slices and coriander, to garnish
- Fry the onion over medium heat till translucent. Add the garlic, ginger, red pepper and courgette, and cook until softened.
- Stir though the miso paste and cook for 1 min, stirring.
- Add a little of water and bring to the boil. Add 1 bundle of udon noodles, seaweed and the pak choi, lower to a simmer.
- Simmer for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add soy, chilli and coriander before serving.