2 seitan pieces, pressed if possible
1 tbsp plain flour
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
40g frozen peas
3 tbsps nutritional yeast
40g vegan butter
4-5 fresh mint leaves, shredded
100ml vegetable stock
salt and pepper
enough pasta for 2
- Cut seitan into cubes about 1cm square.
- Place in a bag with the flour and shake to coat.
- Heat the butter in a frying an over medium heat, and add seitan. Cook till crispy. Add the garlic, cook on low heat until soft – 3-4 minutes.
- Add the stock to the pan, stir, put a lid (or foil) over pan and cook over low heat for 15 mins, stirring occasionally. Add peas and shredded mint.
- Stir through nutritional yeast, reserving a little for sprinkling.
- Cook the pasta, drain, and stir through the sauce. Season with salt and pepper, and sprinkle with more nutritional yeast before serving.