This pizza is fast, foolproof and delicious. You can make more of the dough and freeze the pizza bases between layers of baking paper, so you’ve always got a ‘frozen’ pizza to hand.
Makes 2 thin-crust pizzas
1 tsp Fast Action dried yeast
1 tbsp olive oil
200ml tepid water
¼ tsp salt
100ml tomato sauce
50g grated vegan mozzarella
wilted spinach, chopped
- Put the flour, salt and yeast into a bowl, and mix together. Add the olive oil, stirring, and slowly pour in the tepid water, mixing together with a wooden spoon. Stir till it comes together- it should be soft but not sticky, so add a bit more flour or water as needed.
- Knead for five minutes, until you have a soft, smooth ball of dough. Cover and leave to rest for ten minutes.
- Heat the oven to 210°c/200°c fan. If you have a pizza stone, dust with flour, or if using a baking tray, grease lightly and place in the oven to heat.
- Divide dough in two, and roll out. Lay on the heated stone/tray, and quickly spread tomato sauce over it. Scatter the grated cheese over and add your toppings. Finish with a drizzle of olive oil and black pepper.
- Cook for 15 mins, or until the dough is crisp and the cheese melted. Slide onto a board and cut into slices.
All-purpose tomato sauce
This sauce works with all these recipes — and is great on pasta, too.
3 x garlic cloves, minced
½ tbsp. olive oil
a few basil leaves
½ tsp sugar
salt & black pepper
- heat the olive oil in a frying pan, over a low heat. Add the garlic and cook for 4-5 minutes, till softened.
- Add the tomatoes, and stir. Tear in the basil leaves, and add the sugar, stirring.
- Season with salt and lots of pepper. Simmer for ten minutes or until thickened.